среда, 16 июля 2008 г.

Sept, 2007 -May, 2008
Pen-Pal Project

In 2007 I became the National Winner of the TEA program and thanks to this  had an opportunity to take part in 6-week-workshop at George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia, USA. Besides  other very interesting things we had a field practice in American summer schools and later after my coming back to Ukraine
 with my colleague, Kenneth McCreary
English Teacher at Washington-Lee High School we started a pen-pal project between our two schools. The project continued from September to May, 2008. More than 80 students from Washington-Lee High School and approximately the same number from the Ukrainian Kharkiv Private Lyceum Professional took part in it. Mr.McCreary and me moderated the pen-pal exchange, by the end of the project the students started communicating on their own. Many of them have become real friends.


In spring we had the Week of Foreign Languages in the Lyceum and my students made some posters about their American pen-pals. Here are some of them:






1 комментарий:

Nina Lyulkun комментирует...

Hi Olia,

A great job!!! Thanks a lot for starting this wonderful blog, for your persistence in teaching, gaining new knowledge. I am proud for you. I am happy to realize I am not alone in Ukraine who is crazy to implement IT into education.
I wish you the best of luck!
I am sure you will do much with your students and colleagues for promoting the best ideas of implementation computer technologies into educational process. With your diligence the real success will be reached in developing information and communication skills of your students.

The best,
Nina